Austin Estate Sales (AES) provides a full service for our clients. We are happy to customize our work to your needs, but generally the last thing you will need to do is remove the items from the home which are not for sale, provide us a house key and make sure the utilities stay on. Our standard commission is 40% of gross sales and we provide the following services in conjuction with conducting an estate sale without additional charges:
- We bring in and set up tables, shelves, hutches, jewelry cases, clothing racks and other hardware needed to display sale items.
- We bring in our own cleaning supplies such as furniture polishes, silver cleaners, broom, vacuum, etc.
- We bring in all supplies needed to organize, identify, research and price contents of the home and utilize outside appraisal experts when necessary.
- We remove all items from cabinets, drawers, attic, storage buildings, boxes, etc., located at the property
- We sort, clean, arrange, tag, price and stage all items for sale
- We provide staff, security, signage, advertising, paper, boxes, and any other resources needed during the sale
- We arrange for unsold items to be removed after completion of the sale
- Select items may be moved forward to the next sale on your behalf (these items are marked down and sold at a 50/50 split)
- Family can retrieve unsold items without charge upon completion of the sale if desired.
- We will arrange to have remaining items picked up by a charitable organization and we will provide client with a donation receipt for tax purposes.
- We will leave the house broom swept, with counters wiped down.
- We provide settlement of the estate within 5 business days of end of sale.
Most clients don’t require these additional services, but we do provide them if needed for additional charges:
- Extra bags of trash that do not fit in your trash cart with the lid closed must tagged with an Extra Trash Sticker, which AES will purchase ($4 + tax) each, AES will deduct the cost of stickers from settlement
- Hazardous Waste: we will sell much of the household chemicals during the sale, final removal of remaining can be arranged and will incur transportation charge
- Cleaning beyond the normal scope of preparing home and items for sale such as:
- abatement of rodent or pest presence, feces, damage
- removal of debris, trash not associated with preparation of sale items
Calendars fill up fast, call now to schedule your free consultation! 512-474-2485